- Work with internal and external partners to design, develop and deliver scalable mobile solutions for the Android platform
- Design and development of mobile solutions by working with product manager, Scrum Masters, Architects, developers, and business stakeholders
- Collaborate with designers, development, security, and product teams to deliver best in class enterprise-ready mobile solutions using industry standard continuous integration tools and practices
- Ability to play a client-facing role in large and complex organizations, preferably has previous experience in agency environment
The Java Developer (Android) will have a strong background in computer science, with strong competencies in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms. The Java Developer (Android) will also possess the ability to work within a team of full stack developers; working knowledge of development tools, testing tools, and version control systems, including SVN, Git.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 4 years experience in native Android development
- At least 3 years experience with front end/hybrid development (Cordova SDK, AngularJS, NodeJS, HTML5/CSS/JS, JQuery Mobile, Dojo Mobile, or Sencha Touch) OR back end integration (J2E, Web Services, nodeJS, noSQL)
- At least 4 years experience in aspects of the mobile lifecycle. Examples include: application development (application structure, device and operating system API’s, debugging, performance, security) and deployment
- At least 2 years experience in one or more of the following: Ajax, REST, JSON
- At least 2 years experience in using version control systems such as GIT
- At least 2 years experience with a major consulting company
- Willingness to travel as necessary based on project requirements (up to 30%)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 6 years experience in native Android development
As a Technical Program Manager, you will primarily be responsible for working closely with:
- Product Management and Delivery teams in the definition and prioritization of requirements and publishing of the roadmap
- Engineering in assessment, sizing, commitment, enablement of the committed roadmap by developing schedules, risk analysis plans, along with provide governance, alignment and visibility of the end to end operations using agile
- Scheduling, coordinating and management of releases across various features and offerings for the internal and external roadmap
- Creating reports/dashboards and executive updates for the projects
- Driving special projects assigned
- Preparing documentation for senior executives and align roadmaps with organizational objectives
- Provide governance, bring alignment and visibility across cross functional teams across tribes
- Define the process, outline vision, analyze data, drive performance & quality improvements, create a management system and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution (from product management to delivery)
- Provide governance for roadmap enablement, bring alignment and visibility across cross functional teams
- Work closely with product management and engineering teams to build, publish and enable the roadmap to launch new features and capabilities
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Handle multiple contending priorities simultaneously in an exciting environment across internal and external teams as a One Cloud total solution.
- Owns the lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and management of releases across various applications and offerings
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Go/No Go Reviews
- Coordinate internal education on new features and products
- Create key metrics and identify opportunities to make tactical improvements to the process
- Drive special projects assigned
- Build and maintain reports/dashboards and compiles executive status updates as assigned
- Responsible for documentation of processes, managing and tracking process improvements
- Manage and appropriately escalates: delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 years of Technical Project Manager experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, artifacts and tools
- Experienced Agile practitioner and champion
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; architects, developers, product owners, and subject matter experts
- Ability to define, develop and lead large programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Hunger for challenge and opportunity
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills – with the ability to develop working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of the Compute Tribe
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Certified Scrum Master
- Project Management Professional Certification or equivalent
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Excellent analytical skills (critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills)
- Ability to operate successfully in ambiguous environments.
We are looking for an experienced and capable iOS developer to help build a new app and grow an existing one. The job is primarily Swift-based, but there are echoes of Objective-C lurking around our GitHub repositories. The Software Engineer will be routinely implementing features, fixing bugs, performing maintenance, and troubleshooting problems within the codebase. Most changes you make will be accompanied by unit tests to confirm their desired behavior. Software Engineers will submit code for review by their peers in the form of pull requests, and will regularly review code by their peers.
In a normal week, you might:
- Develop a new feature from a user story using Swift
- Collaborate with product managers to define clear requirements, deliverables, and milestones
- Team up with the Android squad to encourage app parity and leverage experience
- Review a pull request from a coworker and pair on a tricky problem
- Provide a consistent and reliable estimate to assess risk for a project manager
- Learn about a new technology and present it to the team
- Identify opportunities to improve our apps through research and proof of concepts
- Work iteratively with UX designers to create user-centric solutions
- Help QA and troubleshoot a pesky production problem and push up a hotfix
- Participate in agile process and scrum ceremonies
Why you’ll love working on our team:
- You’ll be working for a company that embraces and pursues new technology
- You’ll be working with a leadership team that trusts and engages its employees
- We believe in giving developers the tools and hardware that they need to do their job
What we like to see for anyone joining the iOS team:
- Deep knowledge of Swift
- Deep knowledge of UIKit and Auto Layout – a love/hate relationship with Auto Layout is completely acceptable and, honestly, expected of any adequately experienced candidate 🙂
- Proficiency with Core Data
- Experience with unit testing
- Strong drive to experiment, learn and improve your skills
- Respect for the craft – you write self-documenting code with modern techniques
- Great written communication skills – we do a lot of work asynchronously in Slack and Google Docs
- Empathy for our users – a willingness to spend time understanding their needs and difficulties is central to the team
- Desire to be part of a compact, fun, and hard-working team
Not required, but for bonus points:
- Formal education in computer science
- Experience working in a distributed team
- Contribute to open source projects
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Experience with RESTful JSON endpoints and concurrency/multithreading
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape for learning and self-improvement apps
- Background in synchronizing information across devices with support for offline functionality
- Interest in emoji
- Masterful use of GIFs
- 2+ years of professional iOS development (or equivalent) experience
- 1+ year experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience in developing, submitting, and releasing mobile apps on the App Store (preferably with at least one still available for download)
- Ability to work in a self-driven, autonomous fashion
We are seeking a highly-skilled, experienced full stack web developer to join our team. In this role, you will be part of a scrum team designing and developing high-volume, low-latency technology application solutions that have a common UI/UX, are scalable, reusable, and enterprise grade. You will resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. You will focus on development throughout all phases of the agile development lifecycle and must have a solid skill set, a desire to continue to grow as a developer, and a team-player mentality.
- Designing and developing user interfaces to internet/intranet applications
- Designing and developing application backend databases
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensuring designs follow specifications
- Preparing production releases of software components
- Troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Identify potential challenges and bottlenecks and address them proactively
- Application documentation
- Application support activities
- Contributing to team meetings and team success
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject and 3 – 5 years of experience
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Planning and organizational skills
- Web UI/UX
- MongoDB, SQL
- Experience using at least one application testing framework/library
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Managed Service telecom operations practice (preferred)
- Test Driven Development
- Provide guidance for Project Managers.
- Aids in defining scope of work, developing detailed schedules, managing cost information and identifying and mitigating risks.
- Communicates project status and activities to senior leaders and stakeholders as required.
- Develops and manages complex, enterprise-wide information technology (IT) project plans and deliverables.
- Participates in activities to determine project scope, schedule and budget baselines based on an understanding of the Application Development and Sustaining (AD&S) process framework.
- Negotiates and manages changes to project baselines.
- Conducts various design and readiness reviews as required.
- Monitors project deliverables to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Identifies and negotiates for necessary resources to meet project goals.
- Identifies need for vendor-provided products and services.
- Coordinates and oversees supplier activities.
- Leads activities to identify project risks, issues and opportunities that may impact cost and schedule. Develop mitigation plans to ensure performance as planned.
- Provides leadership and guidance on the development of project communication plans
Bachelor’s degree and with related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 6 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with technical projects
- 3+ years of experience in managing project schedules and managing large scale programs
- 3+ years of experience in managing risks, cost performance and schedule performance
- 3+ years of experience using standard project scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project and Project Server.
- Proficient with using Microsoft Office applications
- 1+ years of experience in Agile Project Management